About the Teacher of the Month Recognition Program
Charleston County School District's (CCSD) "Teacher of the Month" program is designed to recognize educators who are making a profound and positive difference in the lives of children.
Each month during the school year (October-May), CCSD leaders surprise the district's newest Teacher of the Month with a framed award and a prize package donated by local businesses and supporters of public education. Anyone—parents, students, fellow educators, and community members—may nominate their favorite teacher, and the winner is showcased each month on the district's website.
If you would like to to nominate your favorite teacher, please click on the link below:
Thank you for your assistance in celebrating the valuable contributions and dedication of CCSD teachers.
Teacher of the Month- March 2016
- Teacher: Mary LeSueur
- Schools: Midland Park Head Start
- Special thanks to an anonymous CCSD employee for sponsoring this month's prize package.
Teacher of the Month - February 2016
- Teacher: JoAnna Leonhardt
- Schools: Baptist Hill High School
- Special thanks to Panera Bread Company of West Ashley for donating this month's prize package.
Teacher of the Month - November 2015
- Teacher: Andrew Brandt
- School: Morningside Middle School- ARMS Boys' Academy
- Special thanks to Sticky Fingers Ribhouse and Catering for this month's prize package.
Teacher of the Month - October 2015
- Teacher: Ms. Julie Foster
- School: St. James Santee Elementary School
- Special thanks to the Flower Cottage and Mosaic Cafe and Catering for providing this month's prize package.
Previous Teachers of the Month and Sponsors