At-Risk Afterschool Meal Program
The At-Risk Afterschool Meal Program (ARAMP), also referred to as the Supper Program, allows schools to provide free meals in low-income areas during after school programs that offer educational and/or enrichment activities.
This United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrition assistance program is run at the state level by the South Carolina Department of Social Services’ Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) division. CCSD’s Nutrition Services Department works with qualifying schools and their after school programs to coordinate the ARAMP.
After school program coordinators (or school administrators in middle/high schools) are responsible for maintaining daily attendance records and meal count records provided by Nutrition Services and distribution of program enrollment information.
CCSD’s Nutrition Services Department is responsible for the preparation and serving of the meal along with program oversight, which includes: training, monitoring and application renewals.
- The supper program launched at 7 CCSD schools in October 2012
- 46 schools (elementary, middle and high) are currently eligible to particpate
- Total suppers served during 2012-2013 school year – 141,468
- Total suppers served during 2013-2014 school year – 273,077
- Total suppers served during 2014-2015 school year - 362,445
- Total suppers served during 2015-2016 school year - 376,107
- Additional qualifying schools will be brought on board throughout the school year
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Ave. S.W., Washington D.C. 20250-9410, or call (202)720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
For more information about CCSD's Supper Program, the At-Risk Afterschool Meal Program, please contact:
Supper Coordinator, Nutrition Services