How to Identify a Student as Artistically Gifted and Talented
Let's get you started with a brief overview of the process, shall we?
Any student in grades 3 - 7 who has not already been identified as GIFTED AND TALENTED
in the Arts is eligible for nomination. That is the starting point: NOMINATION.
Anyone can nominate a student. The entire process is summed up in these steps:
- Must be completed by October 31
- This is an electronic form.
- Must be completed by the student
- This will be sent via email once the nomination is received by our office.
- Recommendation of their Arts specific teacher
-This is an internal recommendation.
Recorded Screening or Photographed Art Portfolio (November and December)
-The Arts faculty at your school will coordinate this process with the student for submission by the teacher.
Adjudication of student submissions (January)
The Team of judges:
- Arts teachers
- Professional artists and performers
- Arts & World Languages Coordinator
- Notification of status (February)
- Parents will be notified by letter.
Fine Arts and World Languages Curriculum Specialist