How to Apply Checklist
- Apply online
- Submit supporting documents.
- Application Screening.
- Interviews and Reference Checking.
- If Selected for a Position.
Submit Supporting Documents
A complete application file must be received in Human Resources prior to noon on the closing date for a posted position.
- Please include all work experience on your application and resume. This information is used to calculate your experience credit up to a maximum of 12 years.
- Human Resources may require additional information for verification purposes.
- Additional Required Documentation may vary by Job Posting
The following documents must be uploaded to your applicant file when completing the online application. These documents must be uploaded prior to 12 noon on the job closing date (see job posting for requirements).
- Typing Test from an approved agency (required for all clerical positions)
- Transcripts/Verification of Education/Training (unofficial transcripts will be accepted) if required
All applications are reviewed to determine if the applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position (s). Please log in to your application via AppliTrack to check for updates to your applicant status.
Interviews and Reference Checking
After the closing date for a position and the applicant screening process, all eligible candidate resumes and applications are sent to the Hiring Manager. The Hiring Manager will select from among the qualified candidates and conduct interviews.
- Candidates are interviewed in the school/department where the vacancy exists.
- After the interviews are completed, the Hiring Manager conducts the reference checks and provides the recommendation for hire to the Human Resources Department.
- Some applicants may not be interviewed.
If Selected for a Position
If selected for a position, a background check will be conducted. The new employee will be required to attend New Employee Orientation as the first day of employment with the Charleston County School District. At that time, the new employee will be provided hiring paperwork.