2016-2017 CCSD and CCEM Green Awards
CCSD and Charleston County Environmental Management (CCEM) strive to recognize and award the sustainable efforts of our dedicated students and staff across the District. Each year, these individuals go above and beyond their daily tasks and responsibilities to help make our learning environments more green and sustainable.
Consider ways in which you and your school have or plan to “go green” this year and submit a nomination form in any or all of the Green School Award categories of Green Liaison of the Year, Student Green Team of the Year, Green Day Porter of the Year, and Green School of the Year.
- 2016-2017 Green Awards Submission Information (coming soon)
2015-2016 Custodial Rewards Program
The custodians in our schools are a vital component necessary for a successful sustainability program. In an effort to reward their “green” accomplishments, the CCEM Greening Schools Program along with CCSD and the contracted custodial companies are working together to recognize one school’s daytime custodial staff every nine week period throughout the school year.
Daytime custodial staff nominations are accepted from all custodial supervisors, school faculty or administrators, CCEM’s Greening School Representative and CCSD’s Sustainability Coordinator.
Submit your custodial employee nomination using this link 2015-2016 Custodial Reward Program Nomination Link
2014-2015 CCSD Green School Awards WINNERS!
Congratulations to the following winners of the 2014-2015 Green School Awards! It was a pleasure to recognize these stewards of our environment and the schools they represent in partnership with Charleston County Environmental Management.
- Green School of the Year: Belle Hall Elementary
- Green Liaison of the Year: Caitlin Jilly, CE Williams Middle
- Student Green Team of the Year: James B. Edwards Eco Club
- Green Day Porter of the Year: Jeff Hainley, Whitesides Elementary
2013-2014 CCSD and CCEM Green Awards Winners!
Congratulations to the following winners of the 2013-2014 Green School Awards!
- Green Liaison of the Year: Ashley Harris, Ashley River Creative Arts Elementary
- Green Team of the Year: Haut Gap Middle School
- Green Day Porter of the Year: James Benson, West Ashley Middle School
CCEM and CCSD Recycling Awareness Student Video Contest Winners!
Congratulations to the following winners of the Recycling Awareness Student Video Contest! Check out their entries on the Charleston County Government Youtube Channel!
Elementary School Division
- 1st place: Mount Pleasant Academy's "Save Our Planet" by Wils Browning and Ryan NcInerney
- 2nd place: Jane Edwards' "Recycling Super Heros" by German Ventura, Victor Laureano-Ventura, Davont'a Cook, Alycia Wright, and Maicol Bueno
- 3rd place: Drayton Hall's "Drayton Hall Recyclers" by Cooper Carroll, Brooklyn Daniel, Alayiah Holmes, Jordan Hoppes, Grace Horton, Logan King, Katie McCaughtry, Leslie McCrudden, Monica Najera, Jayden Spivey, and Dylan Williams
Middle School Division
- 1st place: Charleston Charter Math and Science's "Recycling, It's Just That Easy" by Nicole Brogan, Maggie Fosberry, and Hana Dorman
- 2nd place: Cario's "The Butterfly Effect" by Ryan Harding
- 3rd place: Cario's "Recycling Rap" by Logan Frailey, JT Hendrix, Harrison Paul, Andrew Lemon, David Kenis, and Jacob Little
High School Division
- 1st place: James Island Charter's "Recycling Can Change the World" by Abigail Elsey
- 2nd place: Wando's "Save Paper, Save Trees, Save the Earth" by Leandra Smith, Rylee Fetterhoff, Greg Winglosky, and Mark Maddaloni
- 3rd place: James Island Charter's "The Recycling Effect" by Caitlyn Black